Four County offers the Comfort Loan program to qualifying members to aid in the purchase of a new heat pump. Comfort loans can also be used to make energy improvements in homes.
What items can be financed through the comfort loan program?
- Replacement of existing heating and/or cooling system(s) with all-electric high-efficiency heat pump or central air conditioning unit
How much money is available through the comfort loan and what is the interest rates?
- Maximum amount for an all-electric high-efficiency (14 SEER) heat pump or central air conditioning unit is $6,500 at 6% interest.
- Maximum amount for an all-electric high-efficiency (15 SEER) heat pump or central air conditioning unit is $6,500 at 5% interest.
- Maximum amount for an all-electric high-efficiency (16 SEER or higher) heat pump or central air conditioning unit is $6,500 at 4% interest.
Heat Pump Rebates
- Heat pump rebates are available for any member that installs a 16 SEER or greater heat pump. This applies to new construction or retrofits. The rebate is $100 per ton. Proof of purchase is required in order to receive the rebate.
How do I qualify for a comfort loan?
- Property must be the member's primary residence
- Property on which the improvements are to be made must be titled in the member's name
- Residence must be on a solid foundation
- Good credit standing with credit bureau
What Requirements Must I Meet?
- All Four County EMC accounts must be current and have no actual disconnections of service
- Credit report shows (1) no unsatisfied judgments against the customer; (2) no bankruptcy filed in the past seven (7) years
- Must have an active FCEMC account for last 12 months.
How Do I Get Started?
- Contact your Four County Office at 1-888-368-7289 and tell them you're interested in a Comfort Loan
- A Marketing Representative will give you details
- A Marketing Representative will visit your home to discuss information required and improvements that may be needed, as well as provide you with a Heat Pump Pro List
- Loan will be processed and you will be notified of approval within 48 hours
- Energy improvements can be installed by the home owner
- Completed energy improvements will be inspected by the Energy Marketing Representative
- A 2-party check(s) is prepared and forwarded to the customer
How Long Will I Have to Repay the Loan?
- Up to 60 months to repay
- Minimum monthly payment - $25.00
Can I Repay the Loan Early?
- Yes, with no added fee.